You need to apply to install a gate or grid across a public road, and conditions and fees apply. On receipt of your application we will email you a tax invoice. Your application will be processed once payment is received.
The gate/grid must meet:
- Department of Transport and Main Roads standards
- TRC’s Guidelines for Grates and Grids or
- be structurally certified and pre-cast.
Terms & Conditions
- The approval holder shall, at all times, hold harmless and keep indemnified TRC, its members, officers, employees and agents from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, costs, charges and expenses which may be taken against, made on or suffered by it or any of them directly or indirectly on account of or in respect of or arising out of any act, matter or thing done or omitted to be done by the approval holder or his agents or employees or any of them in connection with any activity carried out or purporting to be carried out under the approval or in observance, fulfilment, non-observance or non-fulfilment of any condition of the approval.
- The approval holder shall ensure a policy of public risk insurance cover of a minimum value of $10m is maintained for the whole of the period of the approval.
- The policy of public risk insurance must include TRC as an interested party.
The application is submitted in accordance with TRC’s Local Law 1 (Administration), and Subordinate Local Law 1 and Guidelines for Gates/Grids.