Wednesday 14 November 2012 - 5:45 am - 7:40 am
Australia’s Cairns and Great Barrier Reef region is the only place in the world where you can experience the full glory of earth’s total solar eclipse from 5.45am to 7.40am on Wednesday14 November 2012.
The last total solar eclipse on the Tablelands was in 710AD, the next one won't be until 2237.
DO NOT miss your opportunity to witness this rare natural phenomenon!
View here further information on viewing sites and more!
What is on around the region?
- DeBrueys Boutique Wines & Functions Venue (189 Fichera Road, Mareeba) will be offering breakfast. Phone 4092 4515 to make a booking.
- A fundraiser Sausage Sizzle will be available at the Southedge Research Facility also. Contact Norma Moloney on 0417 541 126 for more information.
- Lake Tinaroo Cruises has the BBQ boat available for exclusive charter. More information is available here. Call 0457 033 016 to inquire.
- Hot Air Balloon Atherton Tablelands ( Mareeba) will have a live webstream of the Eclipse at www.hotair.com.au. See up to 11 balloons floating.
- The Barron Falls Hotel on Coondoo Street Kuranda is open from 5.45am offering breakfast to customers. Please call on 4093 7203.
*Important Information: Solar Eclipse Key Messages