On Thursday 26 January 2023 people all around the country will celebrate what’s great about Australia. Help us celebrate what’s special about our community by nominating someone you know for an Australia Day Award.
Our Australia Day Awards recognise members of our community who have gone above and beyond to help improve the lives of others and contribute to a diverse, friendly and strong community. The awards recognise our volunteers, and people and organisations who have had exceptional achievements in sports, arts or culture.
Citizen of the Year Awards
- Citizen Award recognises a person over 25 years who has made an outstanding contribution to the community and/or who has been an inspirational role model for the community.
- Young Citizen recognises a person 25 years and under who has made an outstanding contribution to the community and/or given outstanding service to the local community.
Community Service Award
- Recognises individuals and groups who have made an outstanding effort in volunteering within the community during 2022.
- Recognises business, organisation and individuals who have contributed positively to an inclusive community for all regardless of age, ability or culture.
Community Event of the Year
- Recognises an outstanding community event held within the TRC region during 2022.
Sports Supporter Award
- Recognises an individual who has significantly contributed to, and provided leadership in, a coaching, refereeing, administrative and/or voluntary role in supporting sport within the region.
- Sports Award recognises individuals or teams over 18 years who have a noteworthy record of achievement in sport as a competitor, and contributed positively to our community.
- Junior Sports Award recognises individuals or teams 18 years and under who have a noteworthy record of achievement in sport as a competitor, and contributed positively to our community.
- Cultural Award recognises individuals or groups over 18 years who have made a noteworthy contribution to, and/or outstanding achievement in, the arts and cultural life of our community.
- Junior Cultural Award recognises individuals or groups 18 years and under who have made a noteworthy contribution to, and/or outstanding achievement in, the arts and cultural life of our community.
- If the nominee has won an Australia Day award in the previous year they are not eligible to be nominated for the same category this year.
- The nominee must reside in the Tablelands Regional Council local government area.
- Junior categories, including all members for team nominations, must be the required age as at 26 January 2023.
- By submitting a nomination you and the nominee agree that TRC may use images and information according to our Contributor License Deed.
- Non-conforming or unsuitable nominations, and nominations with insufficient information will be deemed ineligible.
- If judges deem the nominated category is not suitable, they have the right to move nominees to a more suitable category. Nominators are encouraged to discuss the most suitable category for the nominee with our Events Coordinator prior to submitting a nomination.
- The judging panel consists of two TRC Councillors and two independent citizen from the community. The panel will make their decisions based on the information provided with the nomination form. The panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about their decision.
- The nominee must be made aware of the nomination and agree to be nominated.
- Nominations close 5pm Friday 16 December 2022.