The Tablelands has an enviable reputation for its unique environment and pristine gardens. Nominate now for recognition of your outstanding home, community or workplace garden.
A vibrant outdoor space using trees, shrubs and climbers where colour comes mainly from flowers and foliage. The whole garden on the residential block is judged.
New Home Garden*
As per the home garden category but the garden is less than two years old.
A garden that provides shade and comfortable living space incorporating trees, shrubs, colour and the use of natural features. The garden should be on at least one acre.
A garden that produces a variety of edible produce and shows effective use of natural resources and materials.
A garden that emphasises the community’s spirit and pride using a combination of trees, shrubs, colour and edible produce. Entrants can include schools, community groups and garden clubs.
A garden that uses trees, shrubs and colour from flowers and foliage to create an aesthetic street frontage. Entrants can include shops, restaurants, caravan parks, B&Bs and motel/resort complexes.
Unique garden spaces created by gardeners up to 17 years who demonstrate a genuine passion and enthusiasm for gardening.
* Eligible for consideration as Garden of the Year.
Gardens are judged on:
- general layout and appearance
- health and variety of trees, plants and shrubs
- control of weeds, pests and diseases
- neatness of lawns and garden edges
- All gardens must be within the Tablelands Regional Council area.
- By submitting a nomination you agree that we may use images and information about nominated people and businesses for promotional purposes, and accept that the judges’ decision as final.
Nominations are closed.