Events & Activities on TRC Land

Complete this form if you are holding events or activities on TRC land. Events/activities include street parades, weddings, gatherings, festivals, sporting competitions and entertainment events. The permit does not grant exclusive use of an area — it is still open for public use.

Permits are issued to ensure activities are managed and operated to minimise impacts on the community, environment and infrastructure. Applications are assessed and conditioned to protect public health, safety and amenity, and prevent environmental harm. Applicants need to demonstrate this based on the location of the activity and the specific activity.

Invoices (fees) are issued when applications are received Once application is received an invoice for the relevant fees will be forwarded and, on receipt of all the required information and payment, the permit will be assessed.  A certificate of currency for public liability is required for events/activities with more than 50 participants, high-risk activities, and structures (including tarps, stages and marquees larger than 3m x 6m, rides and/or jumping castles). The certificate must list TRC as an interested party and have cover for at least $20M. Applications requiring permits and advice from external parties will be cancelled if copies of documentation are not provided within the given timeframe.

Turnaround timeframes for the issuing of permits depend on the type of event/activity, number of participants, location and potential impacts on the community. Permits for:

  • events and activities with fewer than 299 attendees take approximately six weeks
  • events and activities with greater than 300 attendees take approximately eight weeks
  • commercial and community gatherings generally require a longer assessment than smaller private gatherings
  • events and activities at Millaa Millaa Falls and other locations under Indigenous Land Use Agreements take at least eight weeks.

Other permits you may require include, but not limited to: