Welcome to Tablelands Libraries
Our libraries — located in Atherton, Herberton, Malanda, Millaa Millaa, Mount Garnet, Ravenshoe and Yungaburra — are dynamic and welcoming spaces that provide access to free workshops and activities, historical archives, new fiction and non-fiction, public computers, free wifi and much more.
Library membership is free for Tablelands Regional Council and Mareeba Shire Council residents. Visit one of our libraries to fill out a membership form. You will need to bring:
- option one — one form of photo identification that includes your local residential address, such as a driver’s licence
- option two — one form of photo identification (such as a passport or proof of age card) and one official document that includes your current residential address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, Centrelink letter, rates notice, lease agreement)
- option three — two official documents that include your current residential address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, Centrelink letter, rates notice, lease agreement).
A parent or guardian will need to sign for you if you are under 18.
Not a local resident? Visitor memberships are available (fees apply).
Search our library catalogue or visit our libraries to browse our collection of:
- adult fiction
- junior resources including picture books, novels, non-fiction, DVDs and audiobooks
- young adult fiction and graphic novels
- DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks
- classic fiction and poetry
- large print fiction and non-fiction
- non-fiction books (including cookbooks, health resources, history books and educational books)
- community language resources (in non-English languages)
- current newspapers (to read in the library)
- local history resources
Your library card also gives you free access to online resources including ebooks, audiobooks, online courses and more. Visit the eLibrary to find out more.
- Library members can borrow up to 35 items at a time.
- Your borrowed library item(s) will be on loan to you for four weeks.
- Items can be renewed up to two times (for an additional four weeks each time) unless another library member has placed a reservation on the item. Please see the section below for instructions on how to renew your items.
- Use the 24/7 return chutes at each of our branches to return items.
You can renew items in person, over the phone, via the Spydus app, or online with our library catalogue. To renew your items online:
- sign in to the library catalogue with your library card number and password (which is usually the first five letters of your name in lowercase).
- go to My Account and click on Current Loans.
- at the top of the list you can select Renew All if you want all your current loans to be renewed. To renew specific items, select the checkbox beside the item(s) and press Renew Selections.
If you have renewed an item twice already, or if another library member has reserved your loaned item, you will not be able to renew it.
You can reserve items with the Spydus app or online using our library catalogue.
- Visit the library catalogue to browse our collection or search for specific authors, items or topics.
- When you have found an item you want to reserve, click on the title of the item then select Place Reservation.
- If you are not already logged in, you will need to enter your library card number and password (usually the first five letters of your name in lowercase).
- Click OK.
- You can change the pick-up location to your preferred library branch, then select Place Reservation to complete the reservation.
- You will be notified once the reservation is ready to collect.
You can also place reservations in person when you visit the library.
- Public computers are available at each of our library locations. Access is free for both library members and non-members.
- Free public wi-fi is available at each of our library locations. Ask our friendly library staff if you’re not sure how to access the wi-fi on your device.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning services are available at our libraries. A small fee applies for printing and photocopying.
Follow these steps to help keep our libraries and communities safe.
- Maintain 1.5m between yourself and others (including library staff) at all times.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before entering the library.
- Provide contact tracing details upon entry by using the free Check In Qld app (ask our staff for assistance if you do not have a smartphone or are unable to use the app.
- Do not visit the library if you are unwell — we can make arrangements over the phone to renew your loans if you require.
Check Queensland Health for the latest information.