Pensioners who reside on their property and hold a current eligible Queensland Pensioner Concession Card or Repatriation Health Care (Gold) Card may be entitled to TRC and state government rate concessions.
- TRC concession — 30% rebate on general rates up to $240/year
- State government concession — 20% rebate on general rates and charges up to $200/year.
To be eligible for a pensioner rebate, you must:
- be the owner, co-owner or life tenant of the property that is your principal place of residence. A life tenancy is created by a valid will and is effective only after the death of the property owner, or by a Supreme or Family Court order.
- your address must match your residential address recorded with Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs.
A partial concession will be granted to a pensioner co-owner, depending on the extent of their proportionate share of the property. If a co-owner is in a spousal or recognised defacto relationship and is an approved pensioner, the concession will be applied in full.
By submitting this application you:
- are confirming you are the concession card holder.
- provide consent for TRC to confirm your details with Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs.