Pensioner Rates Remission

Pensioners who reside on their property and hold a current eligible Queensland Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran Gold Card may be entitled to TRC and state government rate concessions.

  • TRC concession — 30% rebate on general rates up to $240/year
  • State government concession — 20% rebate on general rates and charges up to $200/year.


To be eligible for a pensioner rebate, you must:

  • be the owner, co-owner or life tenant of the property that is your principal place of residence. A life tenancy is created by a valid will and is effective only after the death of the property owner, or by a Supreme or Family Court order.
  • your address must match your residential address recorded with Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs.

A partial concession will be granted to a pensioner co-owner, depending on the extent of their proportionate share of the property. If a co-owner is in a spousal or recognised defacto relationship and is an approved pensioner, the concession will be applied in full.

By submitting this application you:

  • are confirming you are the concession card holder.
  • provide consent for TRC to confirm your details with Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs.

Eligible Cards

Department of Veteran's Affairs Gold Card
FRONT Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (blue)
BACK Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (blue)

Ineligible Cards

FRONT Centrelink Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
BACK Centrelink Commonwealth Seniors Health Card