We provide support to the community through four funding programs each year:
- TRC Grant Program
- TRC Sports Bursary
- Economic Development Fund
- Regional Arts Development Fund
- Nellie Willetts Educational Bursary
TRC Grant Program
This community grant program offers assistance to not-for-profit incorporated community groups or youth residing in our community in accordance with the Grant Program Policy. Grants are up to $1000 per applicant per financial year (including rates/charges remissions) in one or more of the following grant types.
- Cash grants — to assist with events/projects/activities that provide community benefit within our region.
- Cash grants for Council fees — includes paid fees such as food licenses, building/development/planning fees.
- In-kind assistance — use of our items such as wheelie bins, tables, chairs, marquees, traffic cones, bollards and mulch. Must be collected and returned by the applicant
- Remittance of hall hire fees — bookings for our facilities are to be confirmed prior to submitting a grant application for remittance of these fees.
- Youth Achievement Grant — supports and acknowledges excellence by youth aged 18 years or under in our region in academic, sporting or cultural activities.
- Young Innovator Grant — assists youth aged 25 years or under with the development of innovative projects of community benefit within our region.
Applications must be submitted at least six weeks before any activity or expenditure. Retrospective funding or incomplete applications will not be considered.
See our latest TRC Grant Program recipients.
New applications (program open until funds are expended)
- Submit an online grant application or
- Download a grant application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 573 Atherton 4883
Nellie Willetts Educational Bursary
The Nellie Willetts Educational Bursary was established in 1994 through a deed of trust by Eric Gordon Willetts. We manage the bursary for the trust.
A $2000 bursary is available to tertiary students in agri-industry. Agri-industry is defined as the entire sector of production, processing and marketing of agricultural products and services including horticulture, agriculture and plant breeding.
This bursary is offered infrequently and was last offered in 2020.