Local Training Events & Resources
- Keep up to date with training and local courses at Localised.
- Our libraries offer free online training.
Staffing & Training Solutions
- Support payments of up to $20,000 are available for eligible employers who hire eligible unemployed jobseekers. Contact Far North Queensland Employer Officer on 0428 690 317. Find out more about employer incentives and subsidies.
Connection to Training Organisations for Student Placements
Students undertaking vocational training (e.g. hospitality, childcare, individual support, etc.) participate in the workplace to fulfill their qualifications. There is no cost to you. You can host students through training organisations and schools and the insurance is covered by their registered training organisation. This is also a great way to mentor and identify potential talent. Contact your local high school’s Vocational Educational Coordinator, Vocational Partnership Group or email@example.com to be connected to training organisations.
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
The Queensland Government’s Vocational Education Training Investment Program support includes:
Skilling Queenslanders for Work
Unpaid work experience is a great way to attract future candidates, identify talent and support your community. Requests may be initiated by high schools, parents or organisations such as Vocational Partnership Group and PCYC.
There are thousands of courses available and funded through the state government VET investment program. Visit Skills Gateway to find courses and training providers.
Entry Level Qualifications
Higher Level Skills (Certificate IV and above)
Higher Level Skills provides access to subsidised training for certificate IV and above qualifications, and priority skill sets. See the priorities skills list or contact your preferred training provider. If you’re not employed, there are many courses funded under Job Trainer
When you are running a business you and your team often need fast and targeted training that is industry-specific.
- See what is available for your industry
- There are TAFE QLD Small Business Solutions and CQU Small Business micro-credentials for small businesses.
- Localised features local courses and training providers.