We encourage new ventures and opportunities to grow and develop businesses in our region. Whether you are already in business or looking to start a new one, this information will help to guide you on your journey.
Commitment to Business
As a Small Business Friendly Council our region benefits from a greater focus on helping businesses to grow and employ more locals. We are proactive in identifying and reducing red tape, offering opportunities to promote and showcase your business, and in offering access to tools and resources to aid business resilience and recovery.
- monthly Business Matters e-newsletter
- regular workshops, events and industry forums
- access to networks of government, industry and support organisations
- access to economic data.
This checklist helps you to be informed on what’s happening and what may affect your business.
- Subscribe to Business Matters e-newsletter.
- Check out our business information and resources.
- Access free business courses from our libraries.
- Look at the region’s economic data.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Join a chamber of commerce and/or business organisation.
- Ensure your Google My Business details are up-to-date.
- Are you a bike-friendly business?
- Australian Government business support
- Australian Government’s Guide to Starting a Business
- Creating culturally safe workplaces for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Small Business Disaster Hub
- Small business grants schedule
- Innovations and start-ups
- Advance Queensland
- Fair Work
- Queensland Training Information Service
- Y(E)P Cairns
- Mentoring For Growth
- Small Business Financial Counselling
- Small Business Hotline — 1300 654 687
- Australian Business Register — to apply for an ABN, update your details or search the public register
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Taxation Office
- Queensland Statistics
- Regional Development Australia Tropical North Inc.