We are striving to deliver a number of projects via advocacy as part of a planned and strategic approach for developing our region.
- Drinking water (water scheme upgrades) and sewerage projects (replacement of ageing sewerage treatment plants and network in Atherton and Yungaburra)
- Priors Creek Development
In addition we are committed to:
- Provision of health services to meet future needs such as Atherton Hospital upgrade to increase capacity and include specialist health hub
- Supporting higher education facilities and opportunities to train and attract our own (e.g. Regional University Centre)
- Attracting and dispersing visitors throughout the region, extending overnight stays and expenditure
- Supporting investment and development
- Infrastructure Charge Deferrals Policy details the circumstances under which Council may, at its discretion, agree to the payment of levied infrastructure charges for reconfiguration of lot approvals at a later date than is otherwise established under the Planning Act 2016.
- Infrastructure Charges Commercial (Bulk Goods) Policy provides equity in charging for Commercial (Bulk Goods) development by providing capped infrastructure charges for development commencing from 1 July 2022. The policy is intended to apply to large-scale development where the demand rates associated infrastructure servicing requirements are not commensurate with the scale of the development.
- Investment Incentive Policy provides incentives for development by providing waived infrastructure charges for certain types of new development commencing from 1 July 2022. The purpose of this policy is to attract investment in medium-density dwellings, strategically important industries and major catalytic projects.