Additional Evacuation Centre Opened In Mount Garnet
Issued at 3.05pm Thursday 2 November 2023
Leave Immediately Emergency Warning
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services has issued a Leave Immediately Emergency Warning for properties on Herbert River Road, Brodie Road, Rienecker Road and Petersen Road, Innot Hot Springs.
Additional Evacuation Centre Opened
There are now two evacuation centres open for members of the community who have no other shelter.
- Ravenshoe Community Centre (3 Bolton Street)
- Mount Garnet Town Hall (18 Garnet Street)
Think carefully about staying with family or friends if you can, and only go to evacuation centres if you have no other options.
Make sure you:
- are dressed in warm clothes, strong footwear and rain protection
- switch off electricity and gas
- lock your house
- take your pets, lead/cage, bedding and food to your agreed location (not evacuation centres)
- bring your emergency kit.
Your emergency kit should contain:
- first aid kit and manual
- medications, prescriptions and dosage
- toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo)
- personal hygiene items
- torch with extra batteries (or wind up)
- radio with extra batteries (or wind up)
- change of clothes and strong shoes
- non-perishable food for 4 days
- supplies for infants, the elderly and people with special needs
- personal documents and storage devices — insurance, certificates, photos etc.
- cash money (ATMs may not be available).
Continue to check the news for the latest warnings and advice, and that your neighbours are checking too.
Stay away from fallen powerlines and floodwaters.
Call Triple Zero (000) for life-threatening emergencies.
The Local Disaster Management Group is monitoring the situation and will provide further advice.
Sign up for the Early Warning Network to receive alerts for severe weather and other emergency events.
Go to our Emergency Management Dashboard for up-to-date information on road closures, power outages, evacuation centres and links to key sites.