Bushfire Recovery Information
- Not-for-profit organisations impacted during a disaster may be eligible for Commonwealth and/or State Government concessional loans, subsidies and grants to help them recover.
- The Community Recovery Online Portal provides members of the public with the option of applying online for financial assistance.
- Disaster Impact Survey for producers who have sustained damages or need fodder for livestock. You need to include date-stamped photos, which most phone cameras do automatically.
- Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration if you have suffered significant damage but your property isn’t in the activation area.
- Personal hardship assistance is now available for affected residents in targeted locations within Mareeba Shire and Tablelands Regional Local Government Areas. This includes Emergency Hardship Assistance, Essential Services Hardship Assistance Grants, Essential Household Contents Grants, Essential Services Safety and Reconnection, and Structural Assistance Grants.
- Emergency Hardship Assistance (EHA) grants helps people affected by a disaster to get food, clothing, medical supplies and temporary accommodation.
- Contact local emergency relief providers and counselling services or the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 if you’re experiencing emotional stress or personal financial hardship.
- Rural Financial Counselling Services (RFCS) provide free financial counselling to farmers, fishing enterprises, forestry growers and harvesters, and small related businesses experiencing, or at risk of, financial hardship.