Each service includes a weekly general waste collection (red lid) and a fortnightly recycling collection (yellow lid). Check your scheduled collection time.
Bin collection protocol:
- Only put out your designated bin. Any additional bins presented for collection will not be emptied.
- Put bins out the night before your collection day or before 5am on the collection day as the garbage trucks generally arrive early. Failing to do so will result in you missing that week’s service. Bins that are placed out late may incur a late collection fee.
- Place bins close to the curb with the handle facing your property, at least 50cm apart and in a safe location that is easily accessible. A good rule of thumb is can you walk between and around your bins? Please place away from fences, walls and awnings.
- General waste should consist of items that are not toxic or dangerous e.g. nappies, plastic, food scraps, styrofoam, ceramics etc. Please do not put green waste, car batteries, white goods, electrical equipment, chemicals, tyres or paint tins in the general waste bin.
- Batteries, building waste, green waste (garden materials) and white goods should be taken to a Transfer Station.
- Recycle paper, aluminium cans, aerosol cans, glass bottles and jars, and plastics with the recycling symbol.
- Please remove bins from the nature strip within 48 hours of being emptied.
If your service is accidentally missed please leave your bin at the curb and call 1300 362 242. A driver will return as soon as possible.
In the event of a garbage truck damaging your bin, please call 1300 362 242 and we will return within five business days to repair and or replace the damaged part. The costs for repairing any damage caused by general wear and tear or through misuse is the owners responsibility.