Tablelands Businesses Celebrated
The region’s outstanding business operators and not-for-profit entities were recognised tonight at the Tablelands Business Excellence Awards gala dinner, attended by nominees, sponsors and guests.
‘The awards celebrate the vital contribution local organisations and businesses make to our region, both economically and as part of our community. It was fantastic to see 78 businesses nominated (122 nominations overall) across the seven categories,’ said Mayor Rod Marti.
‘Our People’s Choice category received almost 1900 votes and congratulations to TDP Graphics for coming out on top in a close race.
‘Thanks to all our award sponsors and our media partner for their support of the event, and our community for recognising the efforts of local businesses and organisations,’ said Mayor Marti.
The winners of the Tablelands Business Excellence Awards were:
- Customer Excellence (sponsored by Tablelands Regional Council) — The Polished Touch – Beauty By Courtney
- Technology & Innovation Impact (sponsored by NBN Co) — HTM Complete
- Visual Stand-out — Atherton Christmas Tree Farm
- Employer of Choice (sponsored by ARO Industries) — Carinya Home for the Aged
- Sustainability Contribution (sponsored by Costa) — Topaz Sustainable Timbers
- New & Emerging Business or Service — Billycart Brewing Co.
- Champion Business (sponsored by Old Mates Farm) — Tableland Veterinary Service
- People’s Choice (sponsored by CQ University) — TDP Graphics.
‘This year has been another one of extraordinary growth for the Tablelands. It’s especially pleasing to see 14 of the nominated businesses are new endeavours all of which add to the diversity of our local economy,’ said Mayor Marti.