Summary of the Thursday 27 January 2022 Ordinary Council Meeting
Material Change of Use
A material change of use for a telecommunications facility at 3 Vernon Street in Atherton was not approved. Telstra will be requested to look at other sites.
The Long-Term Business Plan for the TRC Community Revegetation Nursery was endorsed. The plan provides information on the nursery’s history, development, role in the regional economy and environment, alignment with the Corporate Plan and general strategic direction.
- Tender T-TRC2021-24 for the provision of management service for Lakeside Caravan Park was awarded to RP and LM Van de Water for twelve months commencing on Tuesday 1 February 2022 for $120,450 including GST plus 10% of gross revenue commission fee.
- Tender T-TRC2021-19 for Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 2021 East was awarded to local company Watto’s Earthmoving and Machinery Hire Pty Ltd for $1,093,368.98 including GST.
- Tender T-TRC2021-20 for Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 2021 South 1 was awarded to local company Erroll Fitzgerald for $1,452,406.47 including GST.
- Tender T-TRC2021-21 for Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 2021 South 2 was awarded to local company Erroll Fitzgerald for $1,845,573.95 including GST.
- Tender T-TRC2021-22 for Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 2021 West was awarded to local company Watto’s Earthmoving and Machinery Hire Pty Ltd for $838,736.78 including GST.
- Tender T-TRC2021-23 for Beantree-Barson and Beantree-Albrecht intersection upgrades was awarded to Durack Civil Pty Ltd for $519,695.03 including GST.
Operating revenue remains on track with a budget variance of just 0.74%. Employee benefits continue to be under budget with staff vacancies and timing of leave contributing to the underspend.
The second revised budget for the 2021–22 financial year includes a revised capital budget summary and report, and comprehensive income statement. The capital budget review includes adjustments due to scope changes and project alignment, with the total capital budget increasing from $28,842,481 to $30,042,434.
Social Housing Report
The quarterly progress report on TRC’s involvement with the National Regulatory Scheme for Community Housing was noted.
Herberton Childcare Update & Request for Support
TRC will establish a lease with Herberton Childcare at 1 Jack Street in Herberton, subject to conditions.
Malanda Showgrounds & B-Doubles
A report will be provided for the February meeting regarding the use of Malanda Showgrounds for loading cattle onto B-doubles.
Repeal of Motion
The motion from the Thursday 25 November 2021 meeting endorsing the Land Supply Study was repealed and the study was received and noted.
Disposal of Assets
A report will be presented to the March meeting on the disposal of surplus land and buildings.
Land Restoration Fund Project
The contractual relationship with Queensland Department of Environment and Science and Native Conifer Carbon Sink Inc. under the Land Restoration Fund Pilot Project will be investigated after the next milestone on Friday 1 April.
Ravenshoe Railway Co. Ltd will not be required to pay rates levied prior to this financial year.
Project & Lease Negotiation
A commitment was made to make Lot 6 on 16 Robert Street in Atherton available to Better Together for the delivery of community services.
The next Council meeting will be held at 9am on Thursday 24 February in the Atherton Coordination Centre.