TRC manages five Visitor Information Centres, located in Atherton, Herberton, Malanda, Ravenshoe and Yungaburra. Here you will be greeted by friendly staff and volunteers who can offer you expert local advice and free information on exploring the region, as well as tour and accommodation bookings and special offers.
Each centre offers:
- 7 day a week opening.
- High quality independent local area information and comprehensive knowledge on things to see and do.
- A booking service for a wide range of accommodation, activities, transport and touring options.
- Professional standards of operation and service by a committed team of staff and volunteers.
- Complimentary maps and brochures for easy information access on the go.
- A range of souvenirs and locally made gifts and produce.
Each centre offers a journey of discovery through the region’s rich culture and heritage:
- Discover the heart of the Tablelands at the Atherton Visitor Information Centre
- Drop into the Yungaburra Visitor Information Centre to learn about the picturesque and historic village and surroundings
- Discover the new Heritage Gallery featuring memories of the early Tableland days at the Ravenshoe Information Centre which is found in Queensland’s highest town
- Browse the interpretive displays at the Malanda Falls Visitor Centre to learn about the traditional owners (the Ngadjon-ji people) and the unique flora and fauna of the Wet Tropics
- Try your hand at tin panning at the Herberton Mining Museum and Information Centre.
Information services and museums are also run by community groups at Mount Garnet, Tolga and Millaa Millaa.
Many locals volunteer their time to help in their local Visitor Information Centre. If you enjoy meeting and helping people, working in a fun and supportive team environment, and sharing your knowledge of your local area, please consider joining our volunteer team – we would love to hear from you!
Apply now or drop into to your nearest Visitor Information Centre to find out more.