There are more than 115 memorial plaques recognising the 6th, 7th and 9th Division AIF and supporting units. Plaques for military units stationed on the Atherton Tableland during WWII are positioned in the main plaque area, while plaques for other military units, groups and organisations are in the allied and community plaque area.
To be eligible, units must have been stationed on the Atherton Tablelands during WWII. Fees apply to the application and for installation.
Plaques may be funded by unit associations, ex-service organisations e.g. RSL, Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program or other grant programs. Individuals and non-eligible organisations seeking funding must be auspiced by an eligible incorporated organisation who will apply on their behalf. The Department of Veterans’ Affairs’ Commemorative Grants Advisory Committee meets at least three times a year. Applications can be made at any time, but should be well in advance of a project or activity.
- generally 600 x 600mm
- bronze with raised lettering
- no acronyms e.g. 106 Casualty Clearing Station not 106 CCS
- brief history
- standard ACMF badge, if appropriate
- rising sun badge if appropriate and with approval from the Department of Defence
- coloured corp/command/brigade/unit emblem if appropriate and with approval from the relevant brand managers (Army Brand Manager, Royal Australian Navy Brand Manager and Royal Australian Airforce Brand Manager).
- four lugs on back
Precincts Support Officer
Tablelands Regional Council
45 Mabel Street
PO Box 573
Atherton QLD 4883
Service personnel must have been in a unit when it was located on the Atherton Tablelands during WWII or resided on the Atherton Tablelands pre- and/or post-WWII. Proof of service and permission to use the Service badge for commemorative purposes from Department of Veteran Affairs Nominal Rolls are required at time of application. Fees apply to the application and for installation.
- 149 x 111mm
- maximum five lines of text
- standard ACMF badge at top (as pictured)
- two lugs/bosses on back
Personal plaque application process
- Completed application, with service certificate, permission to use service badge for commemorative purposes and proof of plaque provided to TRC by 30 April each year.
- Application assessed.
- Customer arranges production of plaque.
- Plaque provided to TRC for installation (around 1 August each year) and customer pays installation fee.