Stage 3 Libraries Update
Stage 3 of the Roadmap to easing Queensland’s restrictions has commenced. Our Stage 3 COVIDsafe library service has been modified to meet social distancing and hygiene requirements:
- One person per 4 square metres may be within the library at any one time. This is in line with Queensland Government regulations.
- Please maintain a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others (including library staff) at all times.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands before and after entering the library.
- Contact tracing details are required upon entry at our library branches.
- Public computer access is available for a maximum of 1 hour per person per day.
- If you are unwell, please do not visit the library. We can make arrangements over the phone to renew your loans if you require.
How many people can be inside the library?
The maximum number of persons permitted within libraries is determined by the one person per 4 square metre rule.
Are library programs available?
Most library programs remain suspended until further notice. Rhymetime has recommenced at Atherton Library on Wednesdays (fortnightly) with social distancing and hygiene measures in place; bookings are now essential.
Is computer access available?
Yes, public computers are available. A maximum of 1 hour per person per day applies.
I feel unwell, but I have overdue items. What should I do?
If you are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, please do not visit the library. Please phone your library to make alternative arrangements for your loans.