Subscribe to the Early Warning Network (EWN) to receive alerts for severe weather and other emergency events. Alerts are sent by email and SMS, and voice alerts if required. Join now and be better prepared for emergency events.
- The service provides early warning of potential emergency and/or severe natural disaster and weather events relevant to a chosen location based on information from publicly-available sources.
- Council-initiated alert messages may be distributed through the EWN system to subscribers
While we endeavour to provide a service of the highest possible quality, no system can claim to be completely accurate or fail safe. For that reason, if you subscribe to this warning alert service you acknowledge and accept that:
- reasonable endeavours will be taken to provide warning alerts to subscribers at the earliest opportunity
- the messaging media used is neither real-time nor instantaneous
- this service cannot be solely relied upon and other mediums such as radio, television and internet should be monitored to inform of potential events
You also expressly agree that Tablelands Regional Council and Look Here Pty Ltd ABN 55 122 940 176 trading as the Early Warning Network (the provider of the service) will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered incurred or sustained by you in connection with this warning alert service. This includes, but is not limited to, any loss or damage arising from:
- the failure or delay in warning you of an event
- provision of an alert that warns of an event that fails to materialise
- the interpretation of the magnitude or severity of an event
- any inaccuracies in the predictions of the location of an event
For Tablelands Regional Council subscribers:
- you must be a resident within the TRC Local Government Area
- there is a limit of one subscription per household
- when registering as a member, you must provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information. Registrations associated with email addresses that are invalid, contain errors, become disabled over time, or bounce with mailbox full errors may result in your account being disabled without notice. This will also stop SMS and landline alerts. It is your responsibility to inform us of any email, mobile phone, landline or address changes. You may do this by logging into your account and making the changes, or emailing support.