Rate notices are issued twice a year to assist with the costs of providing services, infrastructure and facilities for Tablelands communities. Information about where rates are invested is included in the Budget Overview.
Rates and charges described on a rates notice are due and payable by the due date, after which any outstanding amount becomes an overdue rate and compound interest of 9.83% per annum will accrue daily. Find out how to pay rates.
Payment by an agreed arrangement may be accepted if property owners are having financial difficulty. Please contact us before the due date shown on any notice to discuss a payment plan. An arrangement may help in reducing interest charges and defer debt recovery action and associated legal costs.
Arrangements to pay rates by periodic payment cannot be made if you are in receipt of a debt collection notice for outstanding rates.
Emergency Management Levy
The Emergency Management Levy is established in the Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990 and places a legal obligation on local governments to administer the levy, which is collected through local government rates. The levy is the primary source of funding for Queensland Fire and Emergency Services so they can deliver emergency management services through the Fire and Rescue Service, Rural Fires Service Queensland and State Emergency Service.
- Schedule of Rates and Charges
- Application for adjustment of water consumption (online form)
- Application for adjustment of water consumption (pdf)
- Application for pensioners rate remission
- Request for rate credit balance transfer (online form)
- Request for rate credit balance transfer (pdf)
- Application for rate concession (not-for-profit)
- Arrangements to pay rates by periodic payments (online form)
- Arrangements to pay rates by periodic payments (pdf)
- Emergency Management, Fire and Rescue Levy
- Notice of objection against rating categorisation
- Notification of change of address (online form)
- Notification of change of address (pdf)
- Request for rates refund
- Current revenue statement