Contribute To Our Cycling Strategy
Tablelands Regional Council is developing a 10-year Cycling Strategy and is inviting the community to take part in its development.
‘The strategy will respond to the growing popularity of cycling in our region and is further evidence of this Council’s ongoing commitment to and support of cycling for locals and visitors,’ said Mayor Rod Marti.
‘It will help with our long-term planning, and support community groups’ applications for funding.
‘You can contribute to the strategy via an online survey, at a pop-up session or at one of the workshops.
‘The workshops are:
- Coordination Centre, 15 Vernon Street, Atherton — 6.00–7.00pm Tuesday 11 April
- Patrick English Pavilion, Malanda Showgrounds — 5.30-6.30pm Thursday 13 April
- Ravenshoe Town Hall — 1.00–2.00pm Wednesday 12 April.
‘Register to attend the workshops.
‘The pop-up sessions don’t require registration — just come along and have a chat.
- Northern Bikes, 55 Main Street, Atherton — 10.00am Saturday 15 April
- Herberton 5 Star Handimarket — 1.00pm Friday 14 April
- Millaa Millaa Library — 3.00pm Thursday 13 April
- Mount Garnet Visitor Information Centre — 11.00am Wednesday 12 April
- Tolga CWA — 8.00am Wednesday 12 April
- Yungaburra Visitor Information Centre — 3.30pm Tuesday 11 April
‘The survey is open until Sunday 30 April.
‘We’re also establishing a Cycling Advisory Committee to inform the strategy and membership applications are open until Sunday 9 April.