The Tablelands has an enviable reputation for its unique environment and pristine gardens. Nominate now for recognition of your outstanding home, community or workplace garden.
A vibrant outdoor space using trees, shrubs and climbers where colour comes mainly from flowers and foliage. The whole garden on the residential block is judged.
New Home Garden*
As per the home garden category but the garden is less than two years old.
A garden that provides shade and comfortable living space incorporating trees, shrubs, colour and the use of natural features. The garden should be on at least one acre.
A garden that produces a variety of edible produce and shows effective use of natural resources and materials.
A garden that emphasises the community’s spirit and pride using a combination of trees, shrubs, colour and edible produce. Entrants can include schools, community groups and garden clubs.
A garden that uses trees, shrubs and colour from flowers and foliage to create an aesthetic street frontage. Entrants can include shops, restaurants, caravan parks, B&Bs and motel/resort complexes.
Unique garden spaces created by gardeners up to 17 years who demonstrate a genuine passion and enthusiasm for gardening.
* Eligible for consideration as Garden of the Year.
Eligibility & Conditions of Entry
- All gardens must be within the Tablelands Regional Council area.
- By submitting a nomination you agree that we may use images and information about nominated people and businesses for promotional purposes, and accept that the judges’ decision as final.
- General layout and appearance
- Health and variety of trees, plants and shrubs
- Control of weeds, pests and diseases
- Neatness of lawns and garden edges
Join us for the awards presentation at 10am Wednesday 7 October 2020 to be held in the Council Boardroom Mabel Street, Atherton.
Nominate by 4.30pm Friday 11 September 2020. Judging will take place between 17 and 22 September 2020 and we’ll contact you with details closer to that time.