In partnership with the State Government, Council manages 62 units spread throughout the towns of Atherton, Malanda, Ravenshoe and Yungaburra, providing affordable rental accommodation to eligible persons who are receiving the aged pension or are over 55 years old and receiving a disability pension.
Information about eligibility and how to apply for aged housing:
- Aged Housing General Information
- Eligibility for Housing Assistance Factsheet
- Community Housing Rent Policy General Information
- Application for Housing Assistance
- Confidential Medical Report from Treating Doctor
- Medical/Disability Information Form
- Income Confirmation Service Consent Authority
- Authority to Request or Disclose Personal Information to External Parties
Applicants are required to complete and sign the required forms and return them to either the Department of Housing and Public Works or the Tablelands Regional Council.
Cairns Qld Govt Service Centre
William McCormack Place
Ground Floor 5B Sheridan Street
Cairns Qld 4870
Should you require assistance with completing these forms please call the Department of Housing and Public Works on (07) 4036 5460 or 1800 623 208.