Get your selfie on! We’re chasing photos for our Youth Strategic Plan, due out next year. Send us selfies and pics of you and your BFFs and we’ll include the best ones in the doc.
We also need photos to grace the front page of our next community magazine? All you have to do is capture the essence of the Tablelands, and then attach, hashtag and/or share. Think wildlife, food, landscape, community, history, culture, macro and up high. Snap the things that represent the people of our community, and the places where we live, work and play.
Facebook: Post a photo with the hashtag #SnapTablelands and tag us @TablelandsRegionalCouncil (your profile will need to be public so we can see the photo).
Instagram: Post a photo using the hashtag #SnapTablelands and tag us @TablelandsRegionalCouncil, so we can find and repost.
Email: Not on social media? Not a problem. Email your photos to email@example.com.
Visit: Pop into a Customer Service Centre and we’ll download your pics.
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions govern the competition. All other information provided prior to entering the competition, including any instructions on how to enter the competition, form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
- Participation is open to all. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their legal parent or guardian to enter.
- Photos must be taken in the Tablelands Regional Council (TRC) local government area and must be originals.
- Photos provided to TRC through the SnapTablelands initiative are able to be used for marketing, communication and promotional purposes by TRC.
- Enter your photo by:
- Facebook: Post a photo with the hashtag #SnapTablelands and tag @TablelandsRegionalCouncil (your profile will need to be public).
- Instagram: Post a photo using the hashtag #SnapTablelands and tag @TablelandsRegionalCouncil.
- Email your high resolution photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop into a Customer Service Centre and we’ll download your photos.
- File size between 1MB and 5MB per photo.
- Participants can submit as many different photos as they like but each email/social media post must only contain one photo.
- Photos must be the participant’s original work. TRC reserves the right to verify, or to require the participant to verify, that the entry is the participant’s original work. TRC may, edit or modify any part of a participant’s submitted photo.
- Submitted photos must not include:
- any image of any other person without that person’s express consent. Participants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person
- any content that contravenes any law or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing)
- any literary, dramatic or artistic work, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the participant is entitled to do so. If a participant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the participant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows TRC to use the photo in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- TRC acknowledge that the participant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the submitted photos. The participant grants TRC a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to use the submitted photos (including modifying and/or adapting them by making minor alterations to the submitted photos which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction) and/or publishing them, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part, including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts and agrees that TRC may assign and/or sublicense the submitted photos to third parties for this same purpose. The participant acknowledges and agrees that neither the participant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such license.
- If the participant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called moral rights in connection with the submitted photos, the participant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of TRC to minor alterations to the submitted photos which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction, notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the submitted photos for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). (Copyright Act). All participants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
- TRC only collects the personal details submitted at competition entry to attribute photo credit to and for distributing any prize to you if you are deemed the winner.
- Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. This promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to TRC and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to TRC and not to Facebook. All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this promotion.
- Instagram membership and the use of Instagram generally are subject to the Instagram prevailing terms and conditions of use. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to TRC and not to Instagram. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, TRC, Instagram and their associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to TRC and not to Instagram.
- The entrant confirms and warrants that they have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnifies TRC from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of TRC, TRC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing social media and mobile applications is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, TRC (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the TRC’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by TRC) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of TRC; (d) any variation in gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- TRC shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.