We no long accept new applications for building approval (certification). For new building certification applications you will need to engage a private certifier who is licensed by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission.
This change to services will not affect applications already accepted. Inspections for these applications will be carried out by a licensed building certifier. To arrange an inspection please contact Council’s Planning and Regulatory Support on 4089 2488.
All other building related services (e.g. dispensation) and plumbing services remain unchanged.
Building development permits
Development application forms
- Compliance certificate for building design or specification — Form 15
- Inspection certificate/aspect certificate/Queensland Building Services Authority Licensee Certificate — Form 16
- Notice of discontinuance of engagement — Form 22
- Notice to inspect/test special fire services — Form 59
- Request to change an existing approval
- Landowners consent for copy of building plans
The Queensland Building and Construction Commission has developed a new suite of resources about notifiable plumbing and drainage work to increase compliance with the scheme among licensees and to help property owners better understand what notifiable work is.
- Application for compliance assessment — Form 1
- Verification of covered work — Form 3
- Notification of responsible person — Form 7
Other useful websites
Contact us before proceeding with any building work.
A comprehensive review of Queensland’s pool safety laws effective 5 June 2009 involves a two-staged improvement strategy aimed at reducing the number of immersion injuries and drownings of young children in Queensland pools. More information can be found here.