Within the Tablelands region, roads are classified as either a State Controlled Road (rural arterial roads) or a Council Controlled Road. We currently maintain 398.535 kms of State Controlled Road network under our Road Maintenance Performance Contract with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. These roads include:
- Kennedy Highway (various sections)
- Gulf Development Road (various sections)
- Kennedy Development Road
- Millaa Millaa – Malanda Road
- Gordonvale – Atherton (Gillies) Road (various sections)
- Malanda – Atherton Road
- East Evelyn Road
- Topaz Road
- Palmerston Highway (various sections)
- Malanda – Lake Barrine Road
- Malanda – Upper Barron Road
- Atherton – Herberton Road
- Longlands Gap Road
- Tinaroo Falls Dam Road
- Tumoulin Road
- Herberton – Petford Road
To report a problem with any State Controlled Road please call the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information on 13 19 40. To view Main Roads traffic and road condition information visit 131940 Qld Government traffic and travel information.
The Council Controlled Road Network consists of 765.35 kms of sealed roads and 1,088.07 kms of unsealed roads. To report a problem with a Council Controlled Road please call 1300 362 242, email email@example.com or report the problem online.
Works on the Council Controlled Road Network are funded from Council revenue or grants received from the State or Federal Government.