Live, discover and invest in a Tablelands community
The Tablelands is a region where we prosper and enjoy an enviable lifestyle within a pristine environment, realising our full potential in smart, connected rural communities (Corporate Plan 2017-2021)
To achieve this we will:
- Take note of our operational boundaries, but we will push the limits and explore all options
- Do the best we can with available resources, but we will seek to expand the resources available beyond rates, fees and charges
- Apply smart social, digital and organisational technologies that achieve more
- Look beyond our region, be a player in the broader context and bring the best options back home
- Work with integrity and honesty for the communities we serve
- Apply biodiversity strategies that preserve our natural environment
Mayor Joe Paronella, Deputy Mayor Katrina Spies and Councillors Kate Eden, Annette Haydon, Anthony Ball, Samantha Banks and Bronwyn Voyce are the elected local government representatives for TRC.
Chief Executive Officer
Hurriyet Babacan, CEO is supported by an executive management team and skilled workforce based at Customer Service Centres, depots and facilities across the region.
Council meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month starting at 9am in the Atherton Service Centre boardroom. Members of the public are welcome to attend. If you would like to make a presentation, please contact the Mayors office at least three days prior to the meeting by calling 4089 2396.
2017 Council meeting dates are:
- 25 January 2017
- 23 February 2017
- 23 March 2017
- 27 April 2017
- 25 May 2017
- 22 June 2017
- 20 July 2017
- 24 August 2017
- 28 September 2017
- 28 October 2017
- 23 November 2017
- 21 December 2017
Regional Planning Committee meetings will be held on the second Thursday of the month to consider regional land use planning matters starting at 9am in the Atherton Service Centre boardroom. Members of the public are welcome to attend. If there are no planning matters for consideration on any given date, the meeting will not be held.
2017 Regional Planning committee meeting dates are:
- 9 February 2017
- 9 March 2017
- 13April 2017
- 11 May 2017
- 8 June 2017
- 13 July 2017
- 10 August 2017
- 14 September 2017
- 12 October 2017
- 9 November 2017
- 14 December 2017
Under the Local Government Act 2009 s8 to s.11, Tablelands Regional Council is a legal entity that is not a body corporate (i.e. is not incorporated). It is a separate legal entity constituted by its councillors.
A.B.N: 77 642 342 175