Planning schemes are used to regulate development within the shire and help to deliver desirable outcomes. They can help TRC to:
- ensure that incompatible land uses don’t impact on one another;
- protect our resources such as waterways, native vegetation and rural land; and
- provide more efficient infrastructure such as water, sewerage and road networks.
Copies of planning schemes are available for viewing via the links below. CD versions can be purchased from Council’s service centre.
Please note, the planning schemes for the areas previously under the control of Atherton, Eacham and Herberton Shire Councils will remain valid until 31 August 2016, when the Tablelands Regional Council Planning Scheme comes into affect from 1 September 2016.
Downloadable Planning Schemes
- Atherton Shire Planning Scheme
- Atherton Shire Planning Scheme Policies
- Atherton Shire Infrastructure Charges Plan
Notice is given that on 12 May 2010 TRC adopted an amendment to the 2006 Planning Scheme for the former Eacham Shire Council. The amendment only applies to that part of the planning scheme area described as Lot 267 on NR8023 and situated at 234 Junction Road, Mungalli.
The purpose of the amendment is to give effect to a 1998 decision by the former Eacham Shire Council to approve the rezoning of part of Lot 267 on NR8023 to Special Facilities (Tourist Accommodation). A copy of the planning scheme amendment is available for inspection and purchase at Council’s Atherton, Malanda andHerberton offices.
- Overall Contents Page
- Part I Administration & Assessment Requirements
- Part 2 Desired Environmental Outcomes
- Part 3 Assessment Requirements
- Part 4 Codes
- Planning Scheme Policies
- Planning Scheme Schedules
- User’s Guide
- IPA Planning Scheme
- Proposed Amendment of Herberton Shire Planning Scheme – For Public Comment from 21 December 2010 – 18 February 2011.
- Public Notice Announcement.